Whether you know them through their movies, played Pokémon Silver on your Gameboy, watch the TV shows, or of course play the trading card game, there’s no way you wouldn’t be excited about walking into the heart of the Pokémon empire every morning. Now, here’s your chance to immerse yourself in this phenomenal brand as a Retail Marketing Manager.
You’ll be based out of The Pokémon Company’s brand new modern London-based Chiswick Park office. With stunning scenery, plenty of greenery and a lake (perfect for playing Pokémon Go in the summer) the park is a welcomed departure from the hustle and bustle that you’d be used too working in London. You’ll enjoy awesome year round events put on for employees, and that’s not to mention all the awesome Pokémon freebies. You might even get to visit their head office in Seattle from time to time!
You will be responsible for the development and execution of world-class retail programs within Europe to support the Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) and other brand categories. You will work closely with the Senior Manager, Retail Marketing, to ensure the annual goals are met.
Wanna know what you’ll be doing?
- Work closely with Senior Manager, Retail Marketing, to create and execute a full year program of retail market activities at key accounts within your geographical area of responsibility.
- Ensure TCG has maximum retail visibility possible, with particular focus on supporting each quarterly expansion release and exploiting seasonal opportunities.
- Identify innovative and exciting ways to promote TCG at retail.
- Collaborate with TCG Marketing and European Sales teams to ensure retail executions are supporting their sales and marketing goals.
- Support Licensing team with retail promotion execution as necessary.
- Ensure all retail marketing assets used are in line with brand guidelines
- Ensure annual retail marketing KPIs are achieved within the agreed budget.
- Measure campaign effectiveness and share learnings on a quarterly basis.
- Work closely with PR, social, online and US retail marketing.
- Maintain thorough understanding of the product release schedule.
- Maintain thorough working knowledge of toy and collectable retail marketing best-practices.
Sounds good doesn’t it? So, hopefully you’ve got…
- Over 3 years’ experience of Retail Marketing, in toy, game or entertainment categories.
- Proven track-record of creating and executing eye-catching retail promotions, which will include having strong communication skills and fluency in English.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Existing retailer and supplier relationships a bonus.
- Other European languages desirable